Informational Website

Suspended/Revoked License Aggravated DUI

Suspended/Revoked License Aggravated DUI

Sometimes, we all have a bad day. It could be anything from waking up on the wrong side of the bed to getting pulled over on the way home from happy hour. The problem with the latter is that what started out as a bad day can quickly turn into a bad future. Ask anyone convicted of DUI and they will tell you that it has affected them long after the day they were arrested. In the unfortunate event that a person is also found to be driving with a suspended or revoked license, they will be charged with aggravated DUI. Driving on a public highway with a suspended or revoked license is considered a serious offense and a violation of the order of a court or administrative agency.

Short- And Long-Term Consequences

This “extreme DUI” carries with it severe penalties such as increased prison terms and expensive fines. It can also affect you long after your conviction and may prevent you from obtaining future employment, enrolling in school or applying for housing. This is why it’s so important to contact an experienced DUI defense attorney.

Defenses Against Susepended/Revoked License DUI

As a DUI defense lawyer will explain to you, there are several defenses both for a DUI and driving with a suspended or revoked license. First, the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were guilty of both offenses in order to convict you of an aggravated DUI. This means they must present evidence. If your chemical test and/or field sobriety test results were not administered properly, any evidence the state may have collected against you may be suppressed in court.

Secondly, if your license suspension was restored at the time of your arrest but was not entered into the state’s records properly, your attorney can build you a solid defense. The same is true if your license was mistakenly suspended or revoked due to a person having a similar name as you. In the event that this has happened to you, your attorney will request a document with a statement from the state.

AK Alaska LA Louisiana OH Ohio
AL Alabama MA Massachusetts OK Oklahoma
AR Arkansas MD Maryland OR Oregon
AZ Arizona ME Maine PA Pennsylvania
CA California MI Michigan RI Rhode Island
CO Colorado MN Minnesota SC South Carolina
CT Connecticut MO Missouri SD South Dakota
DE Delaware MS Mississippi TN Tennessee
FL Florida MT Montana TX Texas
GA Georgia NC North Carolina UT Utah
HI Hawaii ND North Dakota VT Vermont
IA Iowa NE Nebraska VA Virginia
ID Idaho NH New Hampshire WA Washington State
IL Illinois NJ New Jersey WI Wisconsin
IN Indiana NM New Mexico WV West Virginia
KS Kansas NV Nevada WY Wyoming
KY Kentucky NY New York DC Washington DC